Monday, January 26, 2009

Top Five of the Week

I decided ten is overdone. Everyone has a top ten, and to top the top ten, they make a top twenty. I'm thinking half as hard. So, here's my top five. Every week I will try and come up with a new category and write something brief about why the top deserve to be the top in my opinion. This will go on between random posts regarding my crazy life and unforetold events that bother me.

This weeks subject is... (the elipse is because I haven't thought this out yet, this is all written as I think it up)... concerts I'd like to go to in the upcoming months.

5. Slightly Stoopid - No, I did not spell it wrong, it's how the band spells their name. They are a nice, smooth ska band with a great reggae sound. I love to relax to some of their music. If I remember correctly, they write about pot a lot... still would be good to see live for the first time. February 20, 2009, the Plush, Jacksonville FL.

4. Less Than Jake - I've seen this band a few times. They are one of my favorite ska bands, have listened to them for years. They did put on a good show, my only problem is they never play my favorite song, "Gainesville Rock City". The one time they did play the song, I was pulled out by friends for being the only legal adult there. Had to be Aaron's legal guardian for the night and sign something saying he did not need to ride in the ambulance after getting his lip ring pulled out... makes me glad I didn't get my septum pierced just yet, not before I go see number 1. March 8, 2009, House of Blues, Orlando FL.

3. The Bouncing Souls - A great band with a vocalist I've always admired. Some beautiful lyrics in a lot of their songs. I've followed their music for years, always getting their new albums , but... I cannot believe I have yet to see them live. March 16, or 17, 2009, both at the Social, Orlando FL.

2. Badfish - It's a Sublime tribute band. I can't see Sublime, so I'll settle for a tribute band. Need I say more? (Apparently I do). March 02, 2009. XXX177, Gainesville FL.

and finally, the all obvious number one (if you know me)

1. Streetlight Manifesto - Exactly. My favorite band. They are coming all around FL but I'd probably go to the Orlando Show. It's a Saturday and if I do get my job, that'd be a day off. Weekends. Plus, my roommate Amanda would love to go too. And we can probably crash at Jeremy's place like Kori, Will, Caileigh, Kim, and he did last year in Jax. Most important reason they are number one... it'll be my 13th time seeing them live. Finally in the teens.

So, this is it for this weeks edition for the Unsung top five. Keep reading and next week we might get comics, movies, or beverages I enjoy. It's not always going to be fun and interesting, but it always will be unsung. Laters.

No comments: